Waipio Gentry – Oahu Community
Centrally located between Pearl City and Mililani, this planned development pocket community is often overlooked by many new homebuyers. However, those who know Waipio Gentry can tell you all the great amenities this little neighborhood has to offer!
Surrounding the residential homes are a great variety of commercial and industrial businesses, providing services for residents, and jobs for those who choose to work and live in the same neighborhood.
Why Live in Waipio Gentry?
Location, location, location! Easy access to the H1, H2, and Kamehameha Hwy make Waipio Gentry the perfect launching pad for driving to downtown Honolulu, North Shore, and the Leeward coast. Morning commuters have access to the last entry point to the zip lane which can save minutes off of the morning rush hour.
Public commuters will be happy to know that Waipio has its own express bus service as well as shuttle service every half hour to the Waipahu Transit Center.
All the conveniences. The Waipio Foodland shopping center has groceries, restaurants, a gas station, vet clinic, medical clinic, and more. The many commercial businesses surrounding Waipio Gentry include Costco Wholesale, the Tony Autoplex & Car Wash, Kaiser Permanente medical clinic, auto repair shops, and retail shops. There are 2 storage warehouses, 5 gas stations, the Okinawan Community Center, fitness centers, churches and much more.
- Planned community with a governing homeowner’s association. The Gentry Waipio Community Association boasts low fees while keeping on top of maintenance for the common elements and working to boost property values for all homeowners.
- Schools. Many people don’t realize that Waipio Gentry is part of the Pearl City school district. Kanoelani Elementary feeds into both Highlands Intermediate and Pearl City High School. Additionally, parents have the options of Rosary Preschool, Grace Fellowship & Children’s Center, and Pearl Harbor Christian Academy (K-8), all in the neighborhood.
- Patsy Mink Central Oahu Regional Park. This 269-acre park is right across Waipio Gentry off of Kamehameha Hwy. It boasts an amazing 20-tennis court complex, the Veterans Memorial Aquatic Complex, 4 youth baseball diamonds, 4 regulation size baseball diamonds, and 4 softball diamonds, 20 lane archery range, soccer fields, walking paths, and 3 playgrounds for little ones.
- Activities for the whole family. Take advantage of the free classes offered by the City and County at Crestview Rec Center. Enroll your child in world famous Waipio Little League. Or, start the family in one of the many sports, martial arts, dance, gym, art, or music classes offered in the neighborhood.
Shopper’s paradise. Technically a five minute drive, however, if you have a family member who loves to shop, they won’t be disappointed in near-by Waikele Premium Outlet stores. Featuring Lowe’s, Kmart, Sports Authority, Old Navy, and Office Max, and a host of outlet retail store including Coach, Levi’s, OshKosh B’Gosh, Banana Republic, and more.
Other interesting facts about Waipio Gentry:
- Waipio is Hawaiian meaning “curved water”
- The elevation is 381 ft. Waipio is located in the plains between the Koolau and Waianae mountain ranges on the island of Oahu. The area is relatively flat and dry with regular cool trade wind flow and occasional showers.
- This area was the site of the ancient Hawaiian Battle of Kipapa Gulch.
- Waipio Gentry actually shares its postal zip code with Waipahu – 96797. It can be confusing especially since Kanoelani School is part of the Pearl City public school complex, but Waipio is physically just as close to Mililani Town.
- Prior to development in 1978 by Thomas Gentry, Waipio was agricultural land and used for farming pineapple.
- Founded in 1986, Waipio Little League won the World Championship in 2008, and returned again to the Little League World Series a second time as US Champions in 2010.
Map of Waipio Gentry
Hawaii Real Estate Specialists
Help-U-Sell® Hawaii assists sellers and buyers in coming together over the right home and right price. With up to date listings, current market conditions and local information we are your full service source for all Oahu real estate.
We want your Hawaii real estate experience to be a stress-free and smooth transaction whether you are buying or selling Oahu Homes or properties. As your Help-U-Sell® Oahu Realtor our goal is your goals and we make every effort to buy or sell your property on your terms and your price.
We service the entire island of Oahu in the Hawaiian Islands for buyers and sellers including but not limitted to Aiea, Ewa Beach, Hawaii Kai, Honolulu, Makakilo, Mililani Mauka, Waikele and Waipio Gentry.
If you would like more information about our Help-U-Sell® Oahu service please don’t hesitate to call us at (808) 864 – 3545 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to speaking with you about your Hawaii real estate needs!