Surprisingly enough, there are still places to build your dream home on the island of Oahu. There are brand-new homes available, pre-existing homes and homes you can build from the ground up or start anywhere on the construction process. There are several lots and parcels of land throughout the island that provide either farmland, several acres, or simply a parcel of land perfect for building your dream home. Lots or parcels of land started about $150,000 and may or may not provide adequate plumbing or electricity. Several of these homes may need additional utilities routed to them.
The most popular locations for lots and land is in Waianae with lots starting at about $170,000-$450,000 and potentially more depending on the size and location. Those lots with a view homes for potential views will definitely be more expensive. Several homes are either almost finished or recently finished without any previous owner and then there are projects that simply start from the foundation up.
- DR Horton is one of the top homebuilders on the island with a variety of condominium communities and single-family homes. Mehana is priced from the $350,000 range and are located in Kapolei.
- Sea Country Makalae is also a new construction single-family home and townhome community located on Kaukama Rd in Waianae. These homes are between 1100 and 1800 ft.² priced from about $390,000.
- Located in Kailua are high-end townhomes and condominiums priced from $480,000 and feature homes and layouts from 1200 to 1700 ft.². This community also features a fitness center.
- The Golf Villas at Lokaha Greens are perfect for that golf course home with prices starting about $600,000. These are single-family homes ranging in size from 1500 to about 1900 ft.². These homes are nestled in the seaside community of Ewa Beach just minutes to downtown Honolulu and Waikiki.
- And finally Kahiwelo at Makakilo is a single-family home community with two car garage, multilevel living and home prices starting about $650,000. These homes are between 1400 -2100 ft.² with less landscaping, perfect for customizing and building from the ground up.
For more information on new construction, new homes and townhomes for sale on Oahu feel free to browse my website or call for more specific list of new homes and new construction that fits your budget and tastes.